2.11.06

77,THIBAULT-THIBAULT,INTERNET,BRAND,GOOGLE,YAHOO,SEX PISTOLS,JANUS FRIIS,JANUS FRIIS,GRACENOTE,YOUTUBE,COPY RIGHTS VIOLATION,THIBAULT,JANUS FRIIS

beeing born in 77', I've always been pretty sensitive about reaching the so called future... or near future. Did it all begun A. when I started dancing in my mothers' belly on the
Sex Pistols' smash hit 'no future' B. because I'm part of the 'Generation X' C. or is it because of the strange sensation I had the first time I saw Mario running on a GameBoy... I don't know. Anyway, here are my 'I-don't-really-get-it-but-I-act-like-I-do' tech news of the day.



The Venice Project. Why couldn't your TV be as interesting and exciting as your favorite online content site ? Well, you can trust Janus Friis to make it happen quicker than you think.






There you go. The beginning of the end. MySpace asked GraceNote to seek, identify and take off line every copyright violation material on the Spacers' pages.
On the other hand, YouTube had a much better and more polite way of annoucing about the same thing: the only difference is that at YouTube, they asked the copyrights owners to act directly. Well, one did... well officially did, everyone knows that when the legal department is all freaked out about online broadcasting, the marketing department loves it.